A technical talk explaining the inner workings of Bitcoin.
This presentation will cover "Script" -- the part that locks and unlocks bitcoins inside the blockchain.
It will answer questions like:
* What stops other people from spending my bitcoins?
* What kind of locks can you place on your Bitcoins?
* How does multi signature work?
* What's the difference between different addresses (e.g a 1address and a 3address)?
* How does Script work?
This is one of the more technical talks, but it's designed to be beginner friendly. So don't be afraid to come even if you're fairly new to bitcoin.
See you there!
P.S. If you're completely new and looking for advice, I'm planning to do a very simple introduction to using Bitcoin in January.
My name is Greg, and I've been working on Bitcoin projects for around 5 years. Bitcoin can seem complex at first, so I like trying to explain how it works as simply as possible.
My talks are ideal for anyone who has an interest in Bitcoin, and wants to get a better understanding of how it really works.
My Twitter: twitter.com
* The talk starts at 6.30, but doors are open from 6, so feel free to come a little earlier for a chat beforehand.
* There is no free pizza or beer at the event.
* We will head to the pub afterwards (if you fancy it).
* Follow the Bitcoin Sheffield Twitter for updates: twitter.com
More details and get tickets from: www.meetup.com
Imported From: www.meetup.com
About Bitcoin Sheffield
We don't know any more about Bitcoin Sheffield.