This lists events that happen online and can be accessed from any place.
A first talk from our new Trustee, Arrash Nekonam.
Discover how Natural Language Processing (NLP) within trained ML models transforms Health, Safety, and Environment event data into actionable insights. Learn about trending safety topics, hazards, and root causes.
Bio: In addition to being our Trustee, Arrash, who is based in Aberdeen is Chief Technology Officer of STC INSISO. He was formerly CTO of Riskwell, and Managing Director of INSISO Ltd.
We start at 6pm with the opportunity to network over pizza and drinks with the local data science community, academia and industry. The talk and Q&A start at 6.30pm.
Tickets are available now for this talk: ti.to
Join us for this webinar where we unlock the secrets to building a powerhouse team within small and medium enterprises (SMEs). In this session, we'll explore targeted strategies and proven methods that empower SMEs to not only attract top-tier talent but also retain them for long-term success.
- Strategic Recruitment Tactics: Discover tailored approaches to attract high-calibre candidates that align with the specific needs and ambitions of SMEs, ensuring a perfect fit from day one.
- Building a Talent Magnet: Learn how SMEs can leverage their specific advantages to become irresistible to prospective candidates, creating a reputation that attracts talent organically.
- Cultivating a Positive Workplace Culture: Uncover the role of culture in attracting and retaining top talent within SMEs and learn practical steps to create an environment where employees thrive.
- Technological Innovations: Stay ahead with insights into the latest technological tools and...
This month we'll have an introduction to Web Scraping in Python from Ian Watt. Ian is a co-founder and trustee of Code The City who runs the Python User Group, the Data Meetups and more.
Then we'll have challenges to try some scraping for real, with the objective of writing scraper(s) to assist with a University of Aberdeen research project. All will be revealed in the evening.
Come early to network over pizza and drinks with the local Python community, and stay to work on a scraping challenge.
Bring your laptop. If you don’t already have Python set up, we can help you with that too. Coding in pairs or small groups (especially mixing beginner and more experiences coders) is strongly encouraged, though you can also code solo.
Tickets are available now for March's session: ti.to
In this session, we’ll delve into AI and recruitment, revealing how businesses, especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), can harness the power of AI and use it to their advantage.
- Candidate Attraction; How AI can help job ad writing, candidate matching, skills matching.
- Process efficiencies within a business: What areas of a business can be streamlined with the use of AI.
- AI and ED&I; How AI can strip out personal CV information for anonymous applications.
If you are a HR specialist, recruiter or business owner, this webinar will give you the knowledge you need to push your hiring process forward. Don’t miss the opportunity to future proof your recruitment process.
Join us for this insightful webinar that dives into the world of reporting in recruitment and how this landscape is becoming more important. We’ll explore how recruitment processes can be improved by studying the data available.
- The importance of data: Learn from experts why analysing data consistently is so important for SMEs.
- Discover how new technologies make reporting easier and more efficient.
- Data driven results: Discover how making data driven decisions will help meet diversity goals and improve the quality of hire.
- Understand how data driven recruiting can empower a single person or small recruitment teams in SMEs.
Be sure to catch this webinar to level up your data driven recruitment strategy. Don’t miss the opportunity to find out from the experts and get the knowledge you need to use data to your advantage.