How can we support the development of new digital co-operatives? What options are there in terms of investment, funding and developing sustainable financial models? How are people overcoming the current challenges, and what support do they need from each other, and the wider political landscape?
Leo Sammallahti, Coop Exchange
Coop Exchange is an emerging global platform cooperative for investing to cooperatives. Leo will be presenting:
- How did Coop Exchange start?
- What are the problems with venture capital model for platform cooperatives?
- How does Coop Exchange solve this?
- What makes Coop Exchange unique?
- Where do we go from here?
- How to get involved
John Evans, CodeOperative & WeCo
CodeOperative member John Evans, will discuss his latest project WeCo – A platform cooperative replacement for Reddit. John will discuss:
- Introduction to Codeoperative
- WeCo basic features
- WeCo decision making
- WeCo ownership and business
- WeCo future features and plans
- How to join and participate
David Randall, City in the South
Community wealth building in South London. David Randall is a community organiser based in South London. The ‘City in the South’ initiative aims to build a recruitment and business support platform that will potentially benefit the whole community, rather than just the startup ecosystem.
More details and tickets: www.meetup.com
Imported From: www.meetup.com