AI for Good Community - Crisis Modelling (Need Front-end & UX/UI Designers)
Join this AI for Good Community meetup focused on Statistical Modelling for infectious diseases in humanitarian settings!
Crisis Modelling's Simulator is a web tool for NGOs, local authorities and grassroots organizations to model infectious disease outbreaks inside refugee camps and urban slums to prepare timely and proportionate response measures needed to flatten the curve and reduce the number of fatalities. The simulator helps to predict the worst possible outbreak scenarios for each new wave and their potential outcomes and help NGOs design an optimal intervention strategy.
We are looking for volunteers to help us in any of the following areas.
- Front End Developers (HTML, CSS)
- UX/UI Designers
- Statistical Modelling Experts
We need your help to build an interactive dashboard tool that allows decision-makers to set the parameters of their camp and assess the pandemic trajectory to deploy necessary interventions.
Some house rules to join this meetup:
- Please sign the T&Cs regarding contributing to community projects: http://bit.ly/2lW5NLR
- Join our slack to stay tuned: http://bit.ly/2p8icye
- Find more information about this project here: http://crisismodelling.com/
18:00-18:15 A round of introductions
18:15-18:30 Discussing the Front-end, Design & Modelling tasks