With increasing numbers of Internet connected devices gathering data on all aspects of our lives, as well as controlling physical devices which are Internet enabled, it is important that we protect these devices from tampering and that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data they exchange is assured. Encrypted data, integrity of data, and authentication of devices and users are core requirements for secure IoT.
Join industry and academic speakers for the next meetup focusing on 'IoT Cybersecurity'. The event is for anyone with an interest in IoT (Internet of Things) and data across the region, everyone is welcome (please register to attend).
Date: Thursday 6th February
Location: Cantor Atrium, Sheffield Hallam University
SPEAKERS: (10 min talks)
1. John Clark - Professor of Computer and Information Security, University of Sheffield and Pitch-In Project Lead
2. Dr Jims Marchang - Lecturer/Cyber Lead, Sheffield Hallam University - Blockchain and IoT
3. Mike Faulks - CTO, Ioetec - Challenges in securing resource constrained IoT devices at the edge
4. Neil Richardson - Founder, Samurai Security - Penetration testing IoT
5. Robin Kennedy - Cyber Security Knowledge Transfer Manager, KTN - The Cyber Security Academic Startup Accelerator Programme.
The meetup directly follows the monthly Things Network gathering at 17:00-18:00. Anyone is welcome to join this discussion regarding Sheffield's LoRaWAN network with the meeting lead, Steve Jubb. Separate tickets available via the booking page.