The theme for 2 March is hearing from Internet of Things (IoT) technology start-up to scale-up businesses about their journeys.
The meeting will be held ONLINE using Blackboard Collaborate – the link to join will be sent to those who have registered via Eventbrite in due course.
Speakers: (5-15 min talks):
Mark Davies, Ioetec - Welcome
Dimitrios Spiliopoulos, Senior IoT Go-To-Market Manager, EMEA, Amazon Web Services – How AWS is supporting the IoT ecosystem
Start-up to scale-up stories - from early to later stage:
Mark Davies, CEO and Co-founder, Ioetec
Aleksandra Sekowska, Chief Operating Officer, Proxigroup
Mauro Arruda, Chief Executive Officer, Smartia
Furqan Alamgir, Founder and CEO, Connexin
Steve Jubb and Oktay Cetinkaya– The Antennas Project, Pitch-In, enabling our regional IoT capability
Andy Saunders, Head of Partnerships, IoT Tribe- Connected Places Accelerator
Ceri Batchelder, Super Connector – TEAM SY project (Tech Ecosystem Acceleration and Market-making South Yorkshire), Capital Enterprise
Time permitting, we will host an open 5 minutes towards the end for anyone wishing to shout about their relevant IoT activity / events / interests.
• 11:20 – JOIN BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE (link will be sent in advance)
• 11:30 – WELCOME & INTRODUCTION
• 11:35 – TALKS
• 13:15 – WRAP-UP
Our aims are to:
- Create a vibrant group around IoT and cybersecurity that enables individuals and organisations to share their capability and stimulate discussion and collaboration (sales-type pitches are discouraged).
- Enable real-world IoT applications, through facilitating technology research/development and commercial progress.
- Help position Sheffield as a leading IoT centre and lay the groundwork for larger events/activities that reinforce this reputation.
We will follow Sheffield Digital’s code of conduct for meetups. If you require any further information or support, please don't hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org