CoFoundersLab Scotland's purpose is to help entrepreneurs find co-founders, advisers & interns and to build strong, core founding teams in Scotland.
16:00 Check-In and Networking
16:30 Founders Dilemma - How to decide Equity shares and Stock Options by Jo Nisbet of Harper McLeod LLP
17:30 Get up and Pitch for CoFounders, Advice or Funding - there will be prizes...
18:30 Food + BEER + networking = Entrepreneurial Fun
19.30 End of Glasgow Matchup
This event is held in partnership with the Scotland-Silicon Valley Link, Heroic Entrepreneurs, and generously sponsored by Harper McLeod LLP.
Interested in sponsoring future events? Please Michael Clouser or James Shoemark.
***Before attending, please do the following***
1 - Create a free profile on CoFoundersLab.com & add "CoFoundersLab Matchup Scotland" to your profile. Go to My Profile > Events > CoFoundersLab Matchup.
2 - Browse CoFoundersLab.com for other entrepreneurs by filtering in the Advanced Search under Community Affiliation > Events > CoFoundersLab Matchup - Scotland
3 - Download the free CoFoundersLab mobile app in the iTunes app store.
4 - Share this event on your social channels to help get the word out. Your next core team member may be in your networks already!
FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE EVENT
Please join us if you are looking for CoFounders, Advisers or Investors for your startup venture.
This event is open to people from all over Scotland, from the Lowlands to the Highlands. Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Fife, Sterling, Inverness, Perth, Paisley, Ayr and Edinburgh, and everywhere else in between.
We'll be meeting at 4.00 - 7.30pm in the offices of Harper McLeod LLP in Glasgow. We'll be trying to get to know our audience and group better as organizers, and introducing people to each other.
You will have an opportunity to pitch for a minute or two and tell the group what your idea is and what you are looking for in terms of CoFounders. If you choose to do so, this will happen during the "Searcher Introductions" section.
WHO WILL THIS EVENT APPEAL TO?
• Software developers, engineers and scientists with an idea looking for business people. -Graduate students and ambitious undergraduate students with an idea that needs a team built around it, or that want to join a startup company in Scotland
• Software and web developers looking to build a team around an idea, or looking for a good idea to join in starting a new company
• Corporate employees with years of experience looking to make a change and start a new company
• Recently downsized employees from startups that didn't quite make it
• Business development and marketing-types that want to lend their skills to new startups
• Non-Executive directors looking to join new boards or start new companies
• Angel-founders with investment capital that are looking for new ideas and new team members
• Public- or 3rd- sector employees looking for a change
• Social enterprise entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs
• 3rd sector specialists with new ideas for organizations or looking to join a new start-up organization
• Food entrepreneurs, financial services entrepreneurs, technology entrepreneurs, internet entrepreneurs
• Social media marketing experts, marketeers, SEO specialists, filmmakers
We are startup 'category' agnostic. While we expect a fair number of technology startup entrepreneurs to attend, we are open to other segments as well.