AIESEC Edinburgh IT Business Conference is a 1-day conference taking place at The University of Edinburgh Business School on February 19th, 2015. The conference itinerary includes skill sessions and talks delivered by professionals from the IT industry and a networking reception.
30-40 university students would attend the conference. We would do our best to recruit students who are highly motivated and genuinely interested in the IT sector, regardless of their academic background and gender.
Aims of IT Conference
• Educate students about the career opportunities in the IT sector.
• Help students develop skills that are highly valued in the IT industry, therefore improving their employability.
• Encourage students, particularly female students to explore career opportunities in the IT industry.
• Provide students with an idea of how to pursue a career in the IT sector.
• Provide students with an opportunity to network with professionals from the industry.
1) Confirmed Speakers
The confirmed speakers so far are John Daniels from Mavaric (talk on Google Adwords), Gordon Fisher from Fisher Electrical Consulting Ltd and Kate Ho from Interface3 Digital/Ginsberg.
2) Speakers we are currently looking for
We would like to exhibit a wide range of different career paths in the IT industry through individual career stories.
The speakers who we are looking have interesting IT-related career paths and are passionate about their work in the IT industry. We also hope to get in touch with representatives from large or established IT firms.
3) Content of talks
Content of talks delivered by speakers should include, but not limited to: a brief introduction of their company, its offered career opportunities and skills they look for in job applicants.
4) Interactive skill session
We would like one of the talks to be an interactive skill session related to skills relevant in the IT industry and we would appreciate it if you could help us get in touch with someone who could facilitate it.
5) Conference Itenerary
11:10-11:55 Speaker 1
12:00-12:45 Speaker 2
12:55-13:40 Speaker 3
13:40-14:30 Lunch break
14:30-15:15 Speaker 4
15:20-16:05 Speaker 5
16:15-17:00 Speaker 6
17:00 onwards Wine reception
If you would like to attend please forward your interest to -